- General Assembly
- General Assembly Guidelines
- GA Minutes
- GA Minutes 04-07-12
- GA Minutes 03-31-12
- GA Minutes 03-03-12
- GA Minutes 2-25-12
- GA Minutes 02-18-12
- GA Minutes 02-11-18
- GA Minutes 02-04-12
- GA Minutes 01-28-12
- GA Minutes 01-21-12
- GA Minutes 01-14-12
- GA Minutes 01-07-12
- GA Minutes 12-31-11
- GA Minutes 12-24-11
- GA Minutes 12-17-11
- GA Minutes 12-10-11
- GA Minutes 11-26-11
- GA Minutes 11-19-11
- GA Minutes 11-05-11
- GA Minutes 10-29-11
- GA Minutes 10-22-11
- GA Minutes 10-15-11
- Rogue Valley General Assembly
- Community Calendar
SUPPORT GROWS FOR OCCUPY MOVEMENT'S COORDINATED WEST COAST SHUT DOWN ON DECEMBER 12TH
As of November 27, 2011, the Occupy movement in every major West Coast port city: Occupy LA, Occupy San Diego, Occupy Portland, Occupy Tacoma, Occupy Seattle have joined Occupy Oakland in calling for and organizing a coordinated West Coast Port Blockade and Shutdown on December 12, 2011. Other West Coast Occupies, including Occupy Anchorage and Vancouver, Canada are planning to join the economic blockade and disruption of the 1% on that date, according to organizers.
"We're shutting down these ports because of the union busting and attacks on the working class by the 1%: the firing of Port truckers organizing at SSA terminals in LA; the attempt to rupture ILWU union jurisdiction in Longview, WA by EGT. EGT includes Bunge LTD, a company which reported 2.5 billion dollars in profit last year and has economically devastated poor people in Argentina and Brazil. SSA is responsible for inhumane working conditions and gross exploitation of port truckers and is owned by Goldman Sachs. EGT and Goldman Sachs is Wallstreet on the Waterfront" stated Barucha Peller of the West Coast Port Blockade Assembly of Occupy Oakland.
"We are also striking back against the nationally' coordinated attack on the Occupy movement. In response to the police violence and camp evictions against the Occupy movement- This is our coordinated response against the 1%. On December 12th we will show are collective power through pinpointed economic blockade of the 1%."
Each Occupy is organizing plans for a mass mobilization and community pickets to shut down their local Port. The mobilization of over 60,000 people that shut down the Port of Oakland during the general strike on November 2, 2011 is the model for the West Coast efforts. Organizers state that a police attempt to disrupt the port blockade or police violence against any city participating will extend duration of the blockade on the entire coast.
"These Ports are public. People have a right to come to the Port and protest. The ILWU has historically honored picket lines at the Port." stated Clarence Thomas, a member of ILWU Local 10.
ILWU longshore workers are involved as individuals in the planning of the Shutdown. "I am a longshoreman and I support the December 12th Blockade against EGT. EGT is a threat to the survival of the ILWU," stated Anthony Leviege, a member of Local 10. Dan Coffman, the president of Local 21 in Longview, has publicly thanked the Occupy movement and Occupy Oakland for its actions on November 2nd.
Further interviews and details can be obtained through local Port Blockade committees and the Oakland West Coast Port Blockade Assembly.
Portland's 'Shut Down the Ports' Solidarity Movement with Occupy Oakland : http://shutdowntheport.com
- Occupy Oakland Calls for Total West Coast Port Shutdown On 12.12.2011 (occupymedfordoregon.org)
- Occupy Oakland Calls for "Total West Coast Port Shutdown" on 12/12 (takethesquare.net)
- Evicted OWS protesters not so evicted (hotair.com)
- Occupy The West Coast Ports – December 12, 2011 (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)
- Judge mulls Longshore union request to dismiss charges from port protest (thenewstribune.com)
- Occupy Portland GA: Occupy Mobs Plan Coordinated Shut Down of West Coast Ports Dec.12th (5440fight.com)
- Occupy Oakland Calls For Shutdown Of ALL West Coast Ports (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Judge mulls ILWU request to dismiss charges (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Occupy Oakland Calls for Total West Coast Port Shutdown on 12/12 (stevebeckow.com)
Tagged with: #OccupyOakland • #OWS • Bay Area • Big Banks • Billions of Money • California • Cargo Ships • Chinese Slave Labor • Clarence Thomas • December 12th 2011 • Economic Blockade • Economy • Encampment • Goldman Sachs • Government • ILWU • International Longshore and Warehouse Union • Longview Washington • Movement • Oakland California • Occupy • Occupy Oakland • Occupy Wall Street • Port • Port Blockade • Port of Los Angeles • Port of Oakland • Port of Portland • Port of San Diego • Port of Seattle • Port of Tacoma • Ports • Protest • Protesting • Shut Down the Ports Movement • Solidarity with Longshoremen Port Workers Truckers • Tankers • United States • Vancouver • Wall Street • Walmart Products
Occupy Medford Needs Your Help!
If you would like to help us with our costs (Printing, Hosting, Etc.) You Can Donate to the Cause : Click the Button Below...Thank you!
- 05.25.2013 10:00 AMOccupy Medford
- 06.01.2013 10:00 AMOccupy Medford
- 06.08.2013 10:00 AMOccupy Medford
- 06.15.2013 10:00 AMOccupy Medford
Subscribe to Occupy Medford
- Bank Transfer Day : Medford, Oregon 05.21.2013
- Occupy Medford: Wal-Mart Caroling 04.09.2013
- Occupy Medford Rally - October 15th 05.04.2012
- Occupy Medford Goes Christmas Caroling 05.04.2012
- MLK Day: Education Under Fire Speeches 01.22.2012
- Occupy Medford's Response to Occupy Portland's Eviction Notice 12.20.2011
- No public Twitter messages.
Live StreamsOccupy Wall Street Stream
Global Revolution Stream
Friday, May 24, 10:05 AM